The ISBSG Data Portal
Hard data for software management
The ISBSG has the only publicly available open repository of software projects. With close to 6,000 projects, from 21 countries, across 15 major industry types, data is available to suit estimating; reality checking; benchmarking; bid support; and project planning, management and control.
What is the ISBSG data portal?
The ISBSG Data Portal (www.isbsg.org/portal) is an innovative on-line tool that provides you with the industry data you need to make solid decisions about software development practices and their impact.
- Compare the performance of your projects
- Base your estimates on industry history
- Compare your estimates against reality
- Plan your project using industry experience
- Support your bid/quote with facts from industry data
- Set improvement KPIs
- Reduce project risk (effort/duration/defects)
How does the portal work?
- Search the ISBSG data to discover what is available
- Select a dataset to meet your needs
- View your chosen dataset
- View standard reports of your dataset
- Use the OLAP data analysis tool to slice and dice
- Your dataset will be saved for future use
Low cost and easy to use
- Establish an account in a few minutes
- You will get 10 free credits to get you started
- Data searches only cost 2 credits
- You only pay for the data you need
Start today. It costs nothing to establish an account and explore.